When you download a stock photo from Stock Photo Secrets, you are buying a standard royalty-free license that allows you to use the image for personal and commercial purposes. However, certain restrictions are applied. You can use the images in advertising, marketing and other promotional materials but on limited printed runs. Adding an Extended License lets you use the images in even more ways.
Buying images for commercial use from Stock Photo Secrets allows you to use them in a number of
300,000+ printed copies that you can use on:
- Advertising, marketing and promotional materials
- Newspapers, magazines and books
- Product packaging
- Vehicle livery
Digital templates for resale which includes:
- Website templates
- Brochure design templates
- E-greeting cards
Physical products for resale such as:
- T-shirts and apparel
- Canvas prints
- Wall decors
Digital media like:
- Social media
- Email and eBooks
- Video, TV, cinema
With an Extended License, you can use the images anytime you want. They have no expiration date, so there is no clock to beat. Every file in the stock site also comes with a $10,000 legal guarantee. When you use their content within the terms and conditions of the license agreement, you don’t have to worry about copyright, moral right, trademark, infringement or any other intellectual property and privacy issues.
If you plan to print onto products to sell, acquire an Extended License for very affordable prices. It can even be purchased half the price if you have an active subscription. A single image with such license costs $80; $40 for members. Buy a larger pack and you can get premium images between $22 and $60 each.
If you are a member of Stock Photo Secrets, what can you get with your subscription?
- Total access to over 5 million images. SPS boasts a handpicked premium collection of photos, vectors and fonts. Over 100,000 fresh images are also added every month to broaden your options.
- Download at any size. That’s right! If ever you need to premium images in super high resolution, you can get them at SPS with no additional fees. Up to XXL sizes can be downloaded on-demand and with a subscription.
- Rollovers are available. Your unused downloads can be carried over to the next month, for up to 3 months maximum. However, this is not valid with the 99 Club subscription.
- Royalty free license for commercial use. All images in the stock comes with a standard royalty-free license that lets you use the images for commercial use and personal purposes. For unlimited print runs and use of images on products for resale, Extended License is available on demand with image packs.
Stock photos are important tools to make a powerful project. They capture your target market’s attention and convey your message. Now, there are a number of stock photo sources in the internet. It can be difficult to find one that suits your creative needs and budget. In terms of quality and pricing, Stock Photo Secrets stand out among the rest. If you are licensing images for commercial, you should definitely check out SPS.
Depositphotos is a stock photo agency that provides high quality images, vectors, graphics and videos to appreciative buyers. It is a commercial platform that brings contributors from around the world together to build the perfect place to empower creativity. With strong teams from New York, Milan, Kiev, Moscow and Warsaw, the stock site is able to cater to clients from 192 countries – 24 hours and 7 days a week.
Here is a quick Depositphotos review to help you decide if it is worth the try:
- Depositphotos has over 60 million high quality licensed stock images, graphics, videos and vectors in its library. They boast the perfect images to create successful businesses. New images are added weekly, so you will have fresh options regularly.
- The stock photo site offers two kinds of licenses – Royalty Free and Extended License. Royalty Free allows you to download and use the images in any project for as long as you like. On the other hand, Extended (also known as Rights Managed) provides specific use of the images in terms of usage, location and duration.
- Buying stock files from the stock photo agency is easy. You don’t have to leave your desk to purchase the images you need for your creative projects. Depositphotos accept payments from Webpay, Moneybookers and PayPal.
- With Depositphotos, you don’t have to waste your time sorting through thousands of pages just to find the perfect photo. All content are searchable by categories, keywords, color, size, photographer and orientation. You can also filter images according to licensing and adult content.
- The stock site sets itself apart from other agencies with their affordable and flexible pricing. You can purchase images through credits or subscription plans. You can choose whichever suits your creative needs and budget.
Is this Depositphotos review helpful? New members of the stock photo site are entitled to free subscription for 7 days. Register and find out for sure.
Many say that the best things in life are free. When it comes to your creative projects, this is rarely the case. Creative professionals are often faced with the dilemma to download free images or let out a few bucks to buy them. Today, we will make a case why buying stock photo is better for your creative projects.
- There is a limit to how you can free stock images and creative commons. You cannot alter them in any way you want. Free images and creative commons do not include the right license that will allow you to use the images in your liking. You have to give credits or attributions as specified to avoid being chased by the copyright police.
- Buying stock photos gives you the right to use the images. When you buy stock photos, you are also buying the right to use them in any creative project for as long as you like – or as specified in the license agreement. Some stock photo sites give you the right to use them in print and physical products, provided you get the right license.
- Buying stock photos save you money. If you are buying, how can you save money more than downloading for free? When you buy stock photos, you only spend a few bucks to gain the right to use them in any way you want. You don’t have to worry about violating any copyright laws that could cause you a lot more money.
When you buy stock photos, you can also save more time. Imagine if you get caught using other’s images without permission. You’d have to deal with copyright issues and take down the images you used. These are only some of the reasons why it’s better for you to buy stock photos. And, be sure to choose the right image source too.
Although royalty free is the popular choice now, that does not necessarily mean that it suits your creative needs and budget. Rights managed can bring greater savings too, depending on a number of factors. You have to evaluate your needs and goals first to determine which license best suits your needs. Rights managed or royalty free – here are some things to consider when choosing a stock photo license to use.
Non-Exclusivity and Brand Diluting
Imagine two competing brands using the same photo for the marketing campaigns. This does not only bring laughter to the audience, but it also brings confusion on which brands to correlate them with. This may seem a small issue, but a number of these cases have happened in the past. One popular example is when Gateway and Dell used the same image years ago.
Using the same image as your competitors dilute your brand marketing and identity. This could have a negative effect on your marketing strategy because your target audience will have another brand to remember every time they see the image you chose for your campaign. Even if the companies are not competitors, it could bring unwanted connections that can be either misleading or embarrassing.
To avoid these problems in the future, we recommend companies to use rights managed images for their marketing campaigns, which can be found here. RM include exclusivity rights that allow you to use the image in a specific period of time and location solely. It assures you that nobody else will overshadow your campaign or ad.
The Problem with Exclusivity
Royalty free comes with lower prices and multiple usage rights. It is usually widely distributed, and are non-exclusive – meaning you might see them in other websites. Many buyers can purchase the license at the same time. Even with millions of choices in the market, there is still a chance that you will find the same images you purchased from another website in another.
Most stock photo agencies put the most popular and most purchased images in the first page of the search results, so those images have probably been downloaded by many other creative professionals. If you want to choose royalty free image over rights managed, we recommend digging deeper into the search results to find an image that has not been used multiple times.
So, which license should you choose – rights managed or royalty free? Although price is often the factor to consider when purchasing stock images, you should not overlook the pros and cons of the licenses you purchase them with. Determine your creative needs and find a license that best suits them, and you will be able to make the most out of it.
Some clients require video footage of particular places, events and backgrounds. It is good if you have those footage at your disposal. But, what if you don’t? What would you do? Thankfully, there are cheap stock video footage to help you meet your client’s needs and get the job done. These video footage are pristine and have high quality. They also have good composition and proper exposure practices in place. If your own footage isn’t good, you should consider purchasing from a stock site.
What is a cheap stock video footage? It is a video or film that is not shot for a specific creative project. It is generic in nature and can be integrated to videos seamlessly. It is very useful to creative professionals like you because it is a lot easier and cheaper to acquire than shooting a new footage. Some good examples of a footage include crowds of people, cities wildlife, and landscapes. You can get them from websites that offer stock footage for an affordable price.
- Shutterstock. Aside from royalty-free stock photos, Shutterstock also offers cheap stock video footage for a cost. The stock site has over 4 million footages. You can download a single clip for as low as $19 for web purposes. It also offers standard definition videos for $49 and high definition videos for $79 each. If you are looking for 4K footages, you can download one for $199. Moreover, you can save more by purchasing a pack that is right for you.
- iStock. iStock also offers cheap stock video footage. You can explore royalty-free, HD video, B-roll and stock footage from its collection of curated video clips. You can purchase footages from the Essentials and Signature collections through credits. One video from the Essentials collection costs 6 credits, which is the best value for tight budgets. On the other hand, it costs 18 credits from the Signature collection because you can’t find it anywhere else.
- Pond5. Pond5 offers an extensive variety of cheap stock video footage. In fact, it has the largest royalty-free collection in the world. With over 4 million clips, you will surely find whatever you need to jump-start your creative project. The prices are very affordable, too. With as low as $5 per video clip, it is suitable if you have a very tight budget. It is one of the cheapest stock video sources because the artists are the ones who set the prices for their images.
Why should you consider cheap stock video footage? You can purchase a footage and use it as often as you like without worrying about royalties. It is also less expensive that having to shoot one yourself. It is a smart move to purchase a stock footage because it is a lot cheaper and easier to acquire.